Poonam tagged me for this meme. It is the first time I accept a meme so here we go.
1. Last movie you saw in a theater?
La Zona, by the Mexican director Rodrigo Plá. Saw it last night. Worthwhile.
2. What book are you reading?
Montaigne‘s essays, which I usually read when I need consolation, this not being a good signal though lol.
3. Favorite board game?
It used to be Chess. My father taught me (and always beat me). But it was a long time ago.
4. Favorite magazine?
Mmm… difficult question, being not crazy about magazines. I mainly read on-line stuff like The Economist, Nature, Der Spiegel or, when I want to have fun, Stern, the last two being part of my never ending (and never succeeding) effort to conquer German.
5. Favorite smells?
Hard to say, not very good at smells. Out of context, I can say I only wish I could remember this deodorant I used in the States since everybody there who was close to me enough exclaimed: “Oh wow, a real Italian perfume!” How silly of me to remember it.
6. Favorite sounds?
Sea waves, wind on trees, birds in early morning (even if recently some sea-gulls are shrieking too much). And of course guitar & piano sounds (being though very picky about them).
7. Worst feeling in the world?
When I am attacked by sloth, which fortunately doesn’t hit me often.
8. What is the first thing you think of when you wake up?
9. Favorite fast food place?
A little take-away pizzeria close to the Colosseum called Il Gladiatorino. I generally hate fast food, and much prefer slow food. Only when I get lost somewhere, have little money and am close to a McDonald’s, I enter it, reluctantly.
10. Future child’s name?
No child foreseen in the future.
11. Finish this statement. “If I had lot of money I’d….?
… spend my time travelling all over the world.
12. Do you sleep with a stuffed animal?
No, never did lol.
13. Storms – cool or scary?
Cool. My computer wall paper has a wide corn field with green grass in the distance and an angry stormy sky on top. We don’t have so many storms in Rome, so I imagine they are exotic to me.
14. Favorite drink?
Hot chocolate with foam that can keep your spoon standing still.
15. Finish this statement, “If I had the time I would….”?
… totally dedicate myself to writing, reading, music, travelling.
16. Do you eat the stems on broccoli?
Not crazy about Broccoli.
17. If you could dye your hair any color, what would be your choice?
I cannot think of it. I would never dye my hair.
18. Name all the different cities/towns you’ve lived in?
Let me copy Poonam’s answer: “I would not prefer to write my living history here.”
19. Favorite sports to watch?
I guess soccer is kind of one.
20. One nice thing about the person who sent this to you?
Poonam, such a nice Indian girl, with a depth of her own and charm also from being a bit closed-up. I really wish her all the best.
21. What’s under your bed?
A huge box containing all sorts of pastas. I call it my little treasure but it is also a constant reminder of my cooking hopelessness.
22. Would you like to be born as yourself again?
Let me copy Poonam again: “Yes. Only next time I would not repeat mistakes made in this lifetime. :).”
23. Morning person, or night owl?
24. Over easy, or sunny side up?
Do not quite understand, but I usually prefer sunny things.
25. Favorite place to relax?
In the sun, wherever I am, though possibly close to the sea. Alternatively, in front of my library.
26. Favorite pie?
Käse Kuchen, a German cake with cheese and lemon. Awesome. Like most things German.
27. Favorite ice cream flavor?
Chocolate, pistachio, zabaglione, hazelnut cream.
28. Of all the people you tagged this to, who’s most likely to respond first?
No idea, really.